Topics

What's On My Bench - The Guards of Medusa

Randy

I'm finally ready to show my creation after several months of development.
I thought it would be easier, but the next one will. Here is a link to a video.

Morning Randy...
Thanks for posting.  Looks very interesting.
The video does not open...says it is Private.  Perhaps you could change the setting?
Thanks
-Jim Coffee-

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 07:33, Randy <rglissmann@...> wrote:
I'm finally ready to show my creation after several months of development.
I thought it would be easier, but the next one will. Here is a link to a video.

Randy

I'm new to Youtube. Please try it again.

-Randy

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 8:53 AM Jim Coffee <jim@...> wrote:
Morning Randy...
Thanks for posting.  Looks very interesting.
The video does not open...says it is Private.  Perhaps you could change the setting?
Thanks
-Jim Coffee-

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 07:33, Randy <rglissmann@...> wrote:
I'm finally ready to show my creation after several months of development.
I thought it would be easier, but the next one will. Here is a link to a video.

Attachments:

Hi Randy...
Very interesting.  Can you tell us more?
  1. Approx how large?
  2. What is it made of?
  3. How did you paint?
  4. Can you describe the electro-mechanical a bit?
  5. What does it sound like?
To me, it is very interesting seeing what is on other people's benches.  Lots to be learned and shared.
Thanks for posting.
-Jim Coffee-

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 07:33, Randy <rglissmann@...> wrote:
I'm finally ready to show my creation after several months of development.
I thought it would be easier, but the next one will. Here is a link to a video.

Randy

  1. Approx how large?
    It's around 8" wide and 6" tall. The maximum footprint that I can print using my 3D printer is about 8.5 x 8.5.
  2. What is it made of?
    Everything was printed using PLA (polylactic acid). It's the most common filament used with 3D printers. Around 20 parts were designed.
  3. How did you paint?
    I airbrushed acrylic paint on white PLA parts and then applied a protective coat of lacquer. I'm especially proud of the red tree. I found an image on the internet and used it to cut a stencil.
  4. Can you describe the electro-mechanical a bit?
    Servo motors rotate the two guards and the Medusa head is raised using a stepper motor. A microprocessor controls the sequence of motion.
  5. What does it sound like
    The servos are very quiet. The stepper has a slight hum similar to an oscillating fan. I have a PIR sensor which turns it off when no one is in the room.

Hi Randy...
If I am reading this correctly it turns on when someone is near...and off when they are not.  Neat.
What operating system do you use?
Yes, your tree is nice...good job.
Thanks
-Jim-

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 10:40, Randy <rglissmann@...> wrote:
[...]

Mario Núñez

Nice work!

Mario

veeracer@...

Well Done !!!
I need to step my game up with my 3D printer.

BillB