Topics

To Feed Your Creative Juices

I don't want to set an example of randomly posting links into this forum.  Links that are posted into the forum should be deliberate and valuable to the automata community.  That said, I've held off posting this link for about four days while I've thought about it...and I do believe that there is value to those of us that create and enjoy automata.
This link is to a YouTube video titled Resonant Chamber.  The video shows a music machine that does not exist.  It is CGI.  Personally I enjoy watching and I believe that the video feeds my creative juices.  So...enjoy the video if you can...and if you feel this post is improper for this forum...please speak up.  And if you REALLY like it...they have additional music machines available for you to enjoy.

V Bass

Those are cool videos. Of course, there's a guy from Sweden who has actually built something along those lines.
https://youtu.be/IvUU8joBb1Q

And he's currently building one out of metal that will last for more than one song. (This video shows testing the drum section with a recorded synth track -- he's getting closer, but it's not complete yet.) https://youtu.be/isosWOzmbe0

There are some great ideas there.

Vance

Hi Vance...
Yes, Wintergatan is great.  I've been watching for years.  You are right...there are some great ideas...and some wonderful execution.

A side note...I enjoyed your Automata Magazine article about Paul Boyer...very interesting.  I've added his museum to my bucket list.  Coincidentally there is a guy named Clayton Boyer who builds exquisite clocks and kinetic art out of wood.  Sort of like there is strong creativity in the Boyer genes...except I don't know that they are related.