Topics

Three Invitations

Good afternoon everyone...
I would like to point out that there are three threads of conversation that it would be wonderful if you would participate in:
  1. Video, Links To...  If you have an automata flavored website of your own it would be my pleasure to place your link into our wiki page.  All you need to do is reply to this message.  The wiki link is here.
  2. How Did You Become Interested in Automata?...I suspect that we would all like to know a bit more about each other.  Consider posting a reply to this message...tell us how you became interested in automata.
  3. What is on your work bench?  I would encourage those of us that create automata to post a weekly "Here is what is on my bench" image.  The message can be found here.

This forum is here for all of us.  Let's use it to learn about each other and about the automata that we love.
creating automata near San Diego, California
one of the group moderators
JamesCoffee.com

Otto <nexus88@...>

I think Automata Magazine has the power to reach a diversity of people from many different backgrounds and ages. I don’t know the magazine’s number of subscribers, but I know that school projects (for example) could breath life into this forum. People often need an incentive to join in. This can be achieved in a number of ways.
Diversity of people, subjects and information, Including forum polls are important.
People who are new automata enthusiasts, even if they are not making anything, are highly desirable as well, I think. They are the future of this forum.
Those who have worked really hard at researching, building, and figuring out ways to make innovative automata mechanisms may not be as willing to share the information, for obvious reasons.
Personally I have not made an automaton, yet. I am in the research phase and I want to focus on learning a lot about about mechanisms at a basic level, first.
I think this forum can be a great place for automata enthusiasts of all levels. How many automata forums are out there anyway? Not many, that I know of.
Thank you very much to those who have posted pictures and videos of their work. You deserve our attention and gratefulness.

Hi Otto...
Thanks for your thoughtful comments.
The automata world is very interesting.  This forum is young.  I believe that it will gain strength with time and participation.