Topics

plywood

Brian

Where are you getting your plywood from? The box stores don't seem to have good quality. It seems like every time I try to make something from it I hit a void. I would like to find some good quality 3/8  or 10mm.

Myron Tupa

Edited

I have gotten Baltic Birch plywood at Lowe's.  They have a section where you can purchase 2' x 4' pieces.  I believe the tag denoting the price also mentions, "void free".

I just checked a better source.  I have purchased wood for cabinetry here:  Boulter Plywood Corp 1-888-958-6237  Located in Medford, MA just outside Boston.  However; they ship EVERYWHERE.  Family business.  When you go to their site click on  "product gallery".  I immediately saw "void free" plywood listed.

Ron K

Brain, probably more the "what" then the "where." Furniture grade as a standard for no voids, and Baltic birch for affordability and ability to take a wide variety of finishes. Thickness and width is probably going to drive the local availability. The facing will be very thin so a of of care has to be taken to not sand through it.

Ron

Hi Brian...
I source my Baltic Birch plywood from National Balsa.  They stock, 1/64,1/32, 1/16, 3/32, 1/8, 3/16/ 1/4, 3/8, 1/2.

On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 at 11:33, Brian via groups.io <brian_pacholka=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Where are you getting your plywood from? The box stores don't seem to have good quality. It seems like every time I try to make something from it I hit a void. I would like to find some good quality 3/8  or 10mm.

Brian

Thanks for that tip. Boulter seems to have a lot of cool stuff.