Topics

Paper Automata - Cool4cats.biz

BANOFALK

Hello All

Further to the discussion about paper automaton kits the other day, if you haven’t already, check out the COOL4CATS web site. I made the “Feeding Time at the Zoo”. Took me ages but the grandchildren loved the result. If you do get a kit, take care not to get any drops of water on the images; they easily run.

Regards

Barry

Gus

Hi Barry,
That is a big project ! Must have taken some planning. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a video of it, unless I missed something.

Regards,
Gus

BANOFALK

Hello Gus
There are videos of all their models at cool4cats.biz.
Regards
Barry

On 9 Oct 2019, at 23:43, klekner@... wrote:

Hi Barry,
That is a big project ! Must have taken some planning. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a video of it, unless I missed something.

Regards,

Thanks Barry, found it. You buy those as a kit, or templates and make it up I assume. Surprising how well they work, especially given they are paper.
Regards,
Gus

BANOFALK

Hello Gus
The kits are printed sheets on thickish paper. You cut the shapes out and glue. The box part of the “Feeding Time at the Zoo” could do with reinforcing as it is a bit feeble. I is not a kit that can be made in a rush!
Regards
Barry

Sent: Friday, October 11, 2019 1:37 AM
Subject: Re: [automata-forum] Paper Automata - Cool4cats.biz

Thanks Barry, found it. You buy those as a kit, or templates and make it up I assume. Surprising how well they work, especially given they are paper.
Regards,
Gus

Greetings...
I wanted to know a bit more so Googled around and found this article that is very complimentary.  And here is another...it explains that Tim Bullock is a 'paper engineer'.  There were more search hits.  All in all very interesting.  I find the fact that he is a 'paper engineer' fills in a lot of the gaps for me.
His line of automata is pretty intimidating...all things considered.  He is doing a good job of it.  Perhaps I'll purchase one of the more complex ones some day. And perhaps I'll learn a bit...like how to incorporate folded paper into one of my own automatas.

Sent: Friday, October 11, 2019 1:37 AM

Thanks Barry, found it. You buy those as a kit, or templates and make it up I assume. Surprising how well they work, especially given they are paper.
Regards,
Gus

Hugo