Topics

Ideas for new automata

Good morning automatists!
I have a list in my studio of automata that I want to build.  Every once in a while I get a bug to add to the list.  To that end this past weekend I took a fun journey on Google Images through Gary Larson's Far Side cartoons.  Many great cartoons...and some excellent thought fertilizer.
And sometimes I read through 'proverbs'...such as "the second mouse gets the cheese".

-Jim Coffee-
creating automata near San Diego, California
one of the group moderators
JamesCoffee.com

Paul E Giles Jr

I do the same but my sources are images of wisdom fails or inspiration fails. One example that quickly comes to mind though not well suited for automata is, 'A lone amatuer built the Ark but a large group of professionals designed the Titanic.'