Topics

Cranky Crab Spiral Drive

Good evening all...
I was on the Cranky Crab website this morning and notice this neat little Spiral Drive...it's like a spiral worm gear.
This little item would make a good 'point of interest' on an automata.  I wonder how it is under load?

Cranky Crab does custom orders as well, your imagination is the limit. I have had a couple custom orders completed at a surreal prices. Truly, it is more difficult to design and make such things cheaper yourself. This gentleman has quickly become one of my favorite suppliers.
--
Looking forward to hearing about your automata adventures!

Mike

Wooden Curiosities

Interesting, Mike.  I would not have thought to ask for custom.  You've shed some new light.  Thanks

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 at 17:36, Mike <smc5910@...> wrote:
Cranky Crab does custom orders as well, your imagination is the limit. I have had a couple custom orders completed at a surreal prices. Truly, it is more difficult to design and make such things cheaper yourself. This gentleman has quickly become one of my favorite suppliers.
--
Looking forward to hearing about your automata adventures!

Mike

Wooden Curiosities

Mario Núñez

I bought some gears from Cranky Crab for my latest project and was really impressed by the quality.  Nice people to deal with, too.

Mario

Randy

I use this software to customize gears and then print them out.  He supports spur, beveled, helix and herringbone teeth - very extensive. There is an English version available as well.