Topics

Balsa Wood

Our world is changing.  Who would have thought that wind turbine blades would affect automata?  It turns out that wind turbine blades use a lot of balsa wood.  Entire stands of balsa wood are being purchased or contracted by the wind turbine industry.  This will result in less balsa wood being available for things like automata, and higher prices.
I personally don't use a lot of balsa wood in my automata.  I prefer basswood.  However, every once in a while balsa is desirable.
creating automata near San Diego, California
one of the group moderators
JamesCoffee.com