Topics

A Cabaret of Mechanical Movement (a link to the video)

Came across this video this morning...though it was published a year ago or so.  Fun.  A quick view of lots of automata.  Some are powered...some are hand cranked.  Hand cranked automata with public access is scary to me.  It seems that the automata could be abused.
Anyway...less than four minutes long...take a look if you like automata.
-Jim-
San Diego

Automata Magazine

I, too, recently came across this video. I thought it was great but would like it to have been a little longer. I also wish that the makers of the various pieces had been identified.

On Jul 18, 2019, at 8:52 AM, Jim Coffee <jim@...> wrote:

Came across this video this morning...though it was published a year ago or so.  Fun.  A quick view of lots of automata.  Some are powered...some are hand cranked.  Hand cranked automata with public access is scary to me.  It seems that the automata could be abused.
Anyway...less than four minutes long...take a look if you like automata.
-Jim-
San Diego

federico

Agreed, it would be nice to have know about the authors. Nonetheless the video is great, the curator's enthusiasm is fantastic and the show looked well done. Thanks for the link @Jim Coffee