Topics

What Was on the Bench

Thanks Gus...
I would have never guessed mdf.  Acrylic would not have surprised me.
Excellent job.  A good finish makes a huge difference.

On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 at 22:45, Gus <klekner@...> wrote:
Hi Jim,

I replied to your question, somehow it didn't appear, or, likely, I simply missed the Reply button. Geez, it's not even post the Christmas
indulgence......

The material is 9mm MDF (medium density fibreboard), I think you might know it as Customwood. Two coats of automotive primer, sand between and after, top coat is gloss enamel, five coats, sanding between.

All the best for the holidays !

Cheers,

Hi Jim,

I replied to your question, somehow it didn't appear, or, likely, I simply missed the Reply button. Geez, it's not even post the Christmas
indulgence......

The material is 9mm MDF (medium density fibreboard), I think you might know it as Customwood. Two coats of automotive primer, sand between and after, top coat is gloss enamel, five coats, sanding between.

All the best for the holidays !

Cheers,

Thanks very much Mike !

Happy Holidays to you and yours,

Gus, such a lovey piece, it really moves one's heart to see all the care and love you put into this automata.
The finish is like glass. This is a heirloom piece if I've ever seen one. Splendid job.
--
Have a very merry Christmas everyone!

Mike

Wooden Curiosities

Hi Gus...
This is a really nice interpretation of the wave machine.  She will love this.
It's also a nice Valentines Day theme.
Your finish is very nice.  What material and finish did you use for the hearts?
Thanks for sharing.
-Jim Coffee-

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 at 18:52, Gus <klekner@...> wrote:
My Grand  daughter's 13th birthday presented a difficulty. What on earth can you present her for this very important (so I was told)
day ? Besides, she seems to have everything else........The decision was to make this, not convinced it qualifies as an automaton, more like a plaything, but hoping she will like it.

A video of it can be seen here: https://vimeo.com/371499802

I wish all a safe and happy Christmas !

Regards,

Gustav