Topics

Random motion

Hello again...
I find this interesting.  I'm guessing that this is not your first construction with cardboard. Tell us more.  Perhaps you have more images?  Any video.  I'm wondering to myself if cardboard would be a good medium for prototyping.  What part of the world are you in?  What are you interested in random motion and linkages?
I know...lot's of questions.  Sorry.  I'm simply interested...and that is what this forum is about.

On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 at 00:30, <catilaporte@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Thamks and yes! Cardboard ribbons, so i can make a bunch of gears not having to calculate anything !
Here is what i was looking at before discovering the  mechanism 125!
http://dynref.engr.illinois.edu/aml.html
(I still have to figure out a right way to constrain to vertical axe )

catilaporte@...

Edited

Thamks and yes! Cardboard ribbons, so i can make a bunch of gears not having to calculate anything !
Here is what i was looking at before discovering the  mechanism 125!
http://dynref.engr.illinois.edu/aml.html
(I still have to figure out a right way to constrain to vertical axe )

Greetings...
This is a wonderful little random unit.  Good job.  It looks like you made the gear teeth out of cardboard ribbons?
Thanks for sharing.

On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 at 13:27, <catilaporte@...> wrote:
Wow! I just spend the day  building it to test my gears, all made of cardboard , somewhat flimsy but working .
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157935732058390&set=a.61241608389&type=3&theater
(I am in my week 4 in automata learning )

catilaporte@...

Wow! I just spend the day  building it to test my gears, all made of cardboard , somewhat flimsy but working .
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10157935732058390&set=a.61241608389&type=3&theater
(I am in my week 4 in automata learning )

I was browsing 507 Mechanical Movements last night and this one caught my eye.  It's a way of creating random linear motion.  I think very interesting...and a mechanism that I would like to use in an automata one day.
To those of you in the US...enjoy your Thanksgiving tomorrow.