Re: What's on my bench: Auger Lift Test Stand

Myron Tupa

Hi Jim,
Your math is as good as your work :>)
Is attaching photos to the forum as easy as it is to attach them to an email?  Please advise.  Thanks.
I’ll take some shots tomorrow, Tuesday, and post them in the format you suggest.
I really love the problem solving aspect of making these pieces.
Thanks too for your definition of differentiating an automata from a machine.  Sometimes interchangeable & fuzzy!
Myron

On Nov 23, 2020, at 10:12 PM, Jim Coffee <jim@...> wrote:

Hi Myron...
So being 10 years late with "50/70" means you are 80?  Good for you for creating automata.
Regarding the test stand...it's just a machine.  An automata is art, a 5-second story.  My task now is to rebuild the machine such that it is artful and that it tells a story.
My studio is relatively organized/clean most of the time...if you don't count the hair my Golden Retriever leaving around.  I find it hard to work in a messy environment.  I also find it hard to work in a sterile environment.  It seems that the clutter must achieve some sort of balance.
Show us pictures of your 50/70.  Would love to see what's on your bench.

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 at 13:58, Myron Tupa <myrontupa@...> wrote:
Jim, If THAT is just a text stand, I can't imagine what your "real" automaton will look like!  The origin of the auger is amusing and works perfectly with your design.  Even though I don't understand the nomenclature I can see there is a great mind working overtime to make amusing/fascinating automata!  Is your work space always that well organized?
I'm now headed down to my messy works spaces and hope to make some progress on my "50/70" automaton which is 10 years late celebrating one step son's birthday and mine!
Myron