Re: What's on my bench: Auger Lift Test Stand

Hi Myron...
So being 10 years late with "50/70" means you are 80?  Good for you for creating automata.
Regarding the test stand...it's just a machine.  An automata is art, a 5-second story.  My task now is to rebuild the machine such that it is artful and that it tells a story.
My studio is relatively organized/clean most of the time...if you don't count the hair my Golden Retriever leaving around.  I find it hard to work in a messy environment.  I also find it hard to work in a sterile environment.  It seems that the clutter must achieve some sort of balance.
Show us pictures of your 50/70.  Would love to see what's on your bench.

On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 at 13:58, Myron Tupa <myrontupa@...> wrote:
Jim, If THAT is just a text stand, I can't imagine what your "real" automaton will look like!  The origin of the auger is amusing and works perfectly with your design.  Even though I don't understand the nomenclature I can see there is a great mind working overtime to make amusing/fascinating automata!  Is your work space always that well organized?
I'm now headed down to my messy works spaces and hope to make some progress on my "50/70" automaton which is 10 years late celebrating one step son's birthday and mine!
Myron