Re: On my bench

Hi Barry...
Yes, I see the lock in your first email.  Nice job.
Regarding your birdcage and your statement you don't know how you are going to make it.  I've been pondering this situation for the past 24 hours or so and have empathy for you.  I can see how the cage would be challenging.
And then about 30 minutes ago I was browsing automata on eBay (I have a daily search happening) and I see birds and birdcages (new, made in China).  So I see that one way forward may be to purchase a bird automata from China...keep the cage...throw away the bird (or repurpose for a different automata).  It makes me smile to write this...as in 'I'm joking'.  Good luck with your cage.  Whatever you do I'm sure that you will do it well and I look forward to seeing an image of it.
Stay healthy.
Cheers
-Jim in San Diego-

On Sat, 21 Mar 2020 at 02:00, BANOFALK <banofalk@...> wrote:
Hello Jim
No, the lock I made is shown on the Forum post. I used grey MDF – Valchromat.
I got the movement from a UK store called Hobby’s. Here is the link:
I had to buy the whole kit to get the movement, but it was only £22.95.
I difficult part for me is making the cage. At the moment I am not sure how I will do it.
Regards
Barry