On my bench

BANOFALK

Hello ALL

Firstly, I hope you are all keeping well. Here in the UK, us over 70s have been told to not meet friends and family for 12 weeks. That is going to be really tough, but is essential for the good of all.

I know it’s nothing to do with automata but you may be interested in the wooden combination lock I have made (see photo). Details of the pattern can be found at:

https://woodgears.ca/combolock/

I am currently working on a singing bird designed and made by Keith Newstead. He provides details of its construction on this web site (you may have to join the group):

https://www.instructables.com/id/Steam-punk-Singing-bird/

I am coming up with my own version but the basics are the same. The singing mechanism is brilliant. It has a little lever on top which produces the movement in the bird.

Regards

Barry