Re: What on my bench: The Electrics Module

Baltic Birch plywood is nice to work with.  I keep on hand 1/64, 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2.
The wood that you are looking at has only been sanded...as fine as 220 grit.
Before this project is completed the wood will be rattle can spray primed twice (Rustoleum Automotive Primer) and then rattle can sprayed one of four camo colors.  I sand (220) and toothbrush between each coat.
When completed it is not possible to tell what the material is...but many folks think that it is metal.
I do use "naked" wood sometimes.  For example, I have a bit of Pistachio going in.  All I'm doing is waxing it.  It's a beautiful rich and warm color.
One day I may make an automata completely from unpainted wood.  Most likely finished with wipe on poly.  It's difficult to build this way because everything must be perfect.

On Tue, 3 Mar 2020 at 08:44, <veeracer@...> wrote:

I would have never guess that was wood.
What kind of finish do you have on it? It looks more like PVC or plastic.

BillB