Re: 3D printing...some random thoughts

Randy

For finishing the prints, you need sanding files for removing sharp edges. I buy manicure files in bulk for this purpose. I only use black or white PLA filament so I consider my airbrush essential for painting over the white prints. Metric dimensions are primarily used for 3D printing so a set of metric allen wrenches and metric screw taps are useful. I use a lot of M2.5 and M3 screws for fastening - very little glue. Fusion 360 allows you to design and print threaded holes for screws which is useful. The screw taps allow you clean up the holes.

No dust or odor when using PLA. I've heard that ABS filament smells. It's a clean hobby. My spare bedroom is my shop.