Re: What's on my bench: Progress, and a mess

Hi Guys...
They are not large...smaller than a pack of cigarettes.  That said...that can be huge...depending on where it is to be used.
I source from Amazon or eBay.  Search eBay for "mechanical counter".  Expect to pay between $5-10.  An important consideration when ordering is how many cycles you want to count.  A six digit counter will go to 999,999 and then start over.  I typically source 6 or 7 digit counters.
They operate with either a pull (or a push).  Not lots of effort is required.  There is a "click" noise, which can be a distraction.
I've attached 3 images.
  1. Close up
  2. Installed facing forward.
  3. Installed on the back.
As I mentioned earlier, I like to install counters because I get a sense of how well the machine is performing.  And I find it interesting knowing how many cycles the machine has operated.  And other people almost always make a (positive) counter comment.
LRM_20180626_102153-1000.jpg
_JCS5070-1000.jpg
IMG_20190821_070906-1000-2.jpg

On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 at 08:37, V Bass <vrbass@...> wrote:
That's a really interesting idea, Jim. Can you tell us more about them -- size, source, etc?

Vance