Re: What's On My Bench - Colorado Christmas

Mike

Glad you like it Jim!
Gus,

The cams worked smoother without the bottom portion attached, as they would occasionally bind. Once removed I found no reason to keep them. (good eye. :) )

It will be driven by a hand crank.

The bevel gears seemed to produce the desired effect, what other type of mechanism could be utilized here? (I'm always interested in learning different ways to do something.)

The gears are from Cranky Crab, but I will be able to cut something similar when my CNC is back online. I enjoy using mixed media, but have more experience in wood working.
--
Looking forward to hearing about your automata adventures!

Mike

Wooden Curiosities