Re: What's On My Bench - Colorado Christmas

Hi Mike...
Thanks for sharing these images.  This automata looks great...very festive.
Lots of things going on.  I like the little snowmen on their surfboards...I like the candy cane  spinner that is near the crank handle...I like the entire top section.  Your drive section is very neat and tidy and functional (of course). You've done yourself proud  I look forward to seeing your video.
Good job.
-Jim Coffee-

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 at 14:41, Mike <smc5910@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

I made quite a bit of progress over the last two days.

Front view of the entire automata. Santa and the reindeer move in a wave motion, the trees in the back ground spin in opposite directions and the snowmen below move up and down as well. The bottom of the enclosure isn't attached yet.

Here is a closer look at the mechanics.

 View of the mechanics from the back. The smaller gears will be used to drive a music box assembly, which is not in place yet.

Here is the side with the crank, which will be dressed up a bit more.
dd

I still plan on adding a backdrop, but it's about complete. Once everything is in place I'll create a short video.

Comments and suggestions always welcome!

--
Looking forward to hearing about your automata adventures!

Mike

Wooden Curiosities